When you're stuck on your next move in dance, ask yourself these 10 powerful questions
Are you feeling a bit lost in your dancing life and looking for the next road to travel down? Try asking yourself these questions to reveal what you're really craving...
So you're feeling a little bit lost and confused as to what your next move should be in dance?
Take a second to stop and breathe.
Now let's just take a look firstly at that 6 letter word we wrote above... "should". Are you stuck focusing on this word above all else? Shoulds come with a lot of weight and are usually something we want to let drop off our shoulders pretty quickly.
So ask yourself the following 10 questions to see what you're really wanting from your dancing life, rather than what you think you should want...
1. What lights you up so much that you could do it all day?
2. Imagine waking up tomorrow and knowing that it was going to be the best day of your life-how would that look for you?
3. If you had to spend the next year of your life working on one thing, what would it be?
4. When you're lying in bed, about to drop off to sleep-what's the one thing that you can't seem to let go of?
5. If no one was watching (on social media or the eyes of your family/peers) how would you want to spend your time so you felt full up and intertwined with your passion?
6. How has your self love and care been recently?
7. Are you really craving your next move, or just more you time?
8. If your best friend asked for your advice for getting clarity around what she could do next in dance, what would you say?
9. What's something that scares the socks off you and at the same time, excites you to your very core?
10. If nothing was stopping you (time, money, self doubt, more excuses...) what would you do that makes your heart sing?
Spend some time writing these out and allow yourself to go deep with them, but at the same time, don't get so lost in these questions and your answers that you forget to actually go out and live!